Pyramid Charged Magical Products from AzureGreen

30 Days of Truth: Day Ten

Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn't know...

I don't think there really is anyone I need to let go of, but people I wish I didn't know? Plenty! Number one, is my dad. When I was 3 my mother remarried and the man adopted me, they divorced when I was 7. At the time he was a good hard working man, but he was also a drunk and he chose to abandon my sister and I in favor of his new family. Who he then abandoned in favor of yet another one...

Today he is a low life crack addict who thinks of nothing and no one but himself! While I'm not his only child, I am his oldest. And that means I'm the one the creditors call. I'm the one who gets the questions from random people who knew him. Before I was married and changed my name I couldn't set foot in a bar without hearing "Oh, you're Scott's daughter." Now I have to hear the bad daughter speech from everyone because I won't speak to him. For whatever reason my mother insisted on having him at my wedding. And he came to see my oldest son ONCE. I don't believe he even knows I have the other two. And frankly, I like it that way. He's far from the ideal grandfather and my children are much better off without his influence.

My brothers would be too! Unfortunately he's stayed in their life more than he has mine and my sisters. When one of my brothers was just 10 years old, my dad told him that "It's okay to use Crack, as long as you don't get addicted." Yeah, not really the person I want my children calling "Grandpa!"

I live, fearful of what would happen if he decided he wanted in our lives. Or what would happen if he died. I am the oldest of his children. I am his "next of kin" since he is not married. And I would be responsible for things like a funeral and burial, not to mention his hundreds of thousands in debts... Not only do I not have the money for that, I don't feel I should have to be the one to deal with it. My sister is the only of his kids that is above 18 besides me at this point, and she doesn't have any more money than I do. I wish there was a way to divorce him as a parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out what else I'm writing!