Pyramid Charged Magical Products from AzureGreen

Mabon Breakfast Oatmeal

Okay, so I don't have lots of Sabbat traditions of my own, and with my children being so young and my husband being Christian, most of what we do have are just little almost unnoticeable things. But I LOVE food! And since Mabon is a harvest celebration I use every opportunity to make the occasion with food! Breakfast is no exception.

Now, I did not write this recipe, to the best of my knowledge it was written by Alicia Silverstone for her "be kind diet." As far as I know Alicia is Jewish, not Pagan, but that doesn't mean the recipe doesn't fit. So this will be what my family is having for Mabon Breakfast!

*Note, the recipe below is for ONE serving, simply multiply amounts by the number of servings you wish to have!

Quick Date & Apple Cinnamon Oats


Prep time: 10 minute / Cook time: 10 minutes
    Total time: 20 minutes

 Ingredients:

    1 cup(s) of organic rolled oats
    2 tbsp. of maple syrup (you can also use brown rice syrup)
    2 tbsp. of chopped walnuts
    1/3 crisp apple, cut in cubes
    5 dates (about), pitted and chopped
    1/2 pinch of fine sea salt to taste
    3 shakes of ground cinnamon
    1 tsp. of (scant) flaxseed oil

Instructions:
  • Bring a kettle of water to boil
  • Combine the oats, syrup, nuts, apple, and dates in a bowl
  • Add a pinch or two of salt, then pour enough hot water to just cover the oats (don’t add too much, or it will be too watery)
  • Cover the bowl with a plate or pot lid, and let the oatmeal stand until the oats have absorbed the water
  • Stir, and add a little more water if the oats look too dry
  • Let the oatmeal cool a little, and then drizzle with the flaxseed oil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out what else I'm writing!